Adults are encouraged to connect through Sunday School classes and Small Groups centered around faith formation and fellowship.
On Sunday mornings from 10-10:45 a.m. Asbury has weekly and short term Sunday School Classes. The weekly classes are listed below.
- Bright Futures: A class for single adults, couples or parents, that meet for study, fellowship and support.
- New Beginnings: An inter-generational class that focuses on discussions centered around the Bible.
- Pathways to Joy: A group for parents of young adults that meet for study and fellowship.
- Seekers: A group of middle-aged adults focused on mission work and fostering discussion.
- Young(ish) Adults: A group for young(ish) adults that focuses on how current events intersect with faith.
Each month, Asbury also offers a class called Asbury 101 for anyone interested in learning more about the church and the United Methodist denomination.
God's spirit can form and transform us, through small groups, in remarkable ways. Connectional Ministries plans several small groups on a variety of topics, including theology, Christian faith, Bible study, and prayer throughout the year. A list of Asbury's on-going small groups are below.
- Caring for Aging Parents: This group is for creating a community of sharing and support for people who are caregivers for a beloved family member or friend.
United Methodist Women is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative supportive fellowship, and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the United Methodist Church.
Asbury UMW has a number of small groups aka. "circles" that meet monthly. If you are interested in learning more or connecting with Asbury UMW, check them out on Facebook or contact their president, Kathy Fowler.